4 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Skin
As we grow older and age, the skin also ages and loses the natural softness and vibrancy. However, there are a number of simple lifestyle changes that can help rejuvenate the skin, such as wearing sunscreen and getting more sleep. Applying facial masks consisting of exfoliating ingredients like lemon and green tea can also help rejuvenate the skin.
Well, searching through the web, there are many ways to help rejuvenate your skin, but we picked the 4 top ones from WikiHow to start. In addition, skin rejuvenation does not only mean keeping the skin healthy but also make sure that it gets its firmness and luster back (mengatasi kulit wajah kering & kusam). If you have dry skin even if you are in your early 30’s, then it is a must to help yourself with this information.
Tip 1: Developing a Revitalizing Skin Care Routine
- Know your skin type. How you care for your skin will depend on your particular skin type. There are five basic skin types.
- Normal skin is clear and not particularly sensitive.
- Dry skin is flaky or rough.
- Sensitive skin may burn or itch when you apply certain products.
- Combination skin is dry in some areas and oily in others.
- Use a gentle cleanser. Rise your face with the cleanser, but don’t scrub. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- If you find a particular cleanser dries out your face, experiment with different brands until you find one that works. A cleanser without alcohol or fragrance will work best with dry skin.
- If you have oily skin, use an oil-free, non-comedogenic foaming cleanser.
- For sensitive skin, choose a hypoallergenic cleanser that doesn’t contain unnecessary additives.
- Don’t over wash your skin. Over washing dries out your skin. Unless you are exercising, you shouldn’t need to wash your face more than once a day. In the morning, wash your face with lukewarm water. At night, apply your gentle cleanser and moisturizer.
- Remove your makeup at night. Makeup clogs your pores and can lead to acne. Remove it each night before bed using a gentle cleanser.
- Apply toner. Skin toners help soak up oil and remove dirt. They should be applied before moisturizers.
- Begin by applying a gentle toner in after washing your face in the morning and the evening. Apply the toner to a cotton ball and gently rub the toner onto your face in small circles. Repeat the process with new cotton balls until you no longer see dirt on the cotton ball after you apply it to your face.
- Apply an exfoliator. Exfoliators remove dead skin cells. They should only be used two-to-four times a week since your skin needs time to regenerate. Mechanical exfoliators use small, rough particles to sand away the outer layer of your skin. They are best for oily skin. Chemical exfoliators increase your cellular turnover rate to slough off the dead skin. Some chemical exfoliators, such as those with a high concentration of vitamin C, may not be appropriate for dry or sensitive skin.
- If you’re using exfoliators, gently rub your face in small circles. Don’t apply a lot of pressure—just enough so you can feel the rough surface of the exfoliator.
- If you’re using a chemical exfoliator, apply a small five drops to your skin and let it soak in. Do not rinse off the exfoliator, but remember to apply moisturizing after the exfoliator has soaked into your skin.
- Apply moisturizer. Whether your skin is normal, dry, or oily, it needs moisture. Choose an oil-free moisturizing to avoid blocking your pores.hoose a moisturizing the contains an SPF of at least 30.
- If your skin is oily, use a non-comedogenic lotion-based moisturizing instead of a cream to avoid clogging your pores.
- If your skin is very dry, choose a moisturizing that contains hyaluronic acid and Niacinamide, both of which help reduce water loss.
- If you have sensitive skin, choose a moisturizing that contains green tea, rose, or chamomile.
- Apply moisturizing cream twice a day: when you wake up and before you go to sleep.
- Apply the moisturizer while your skin is still damp.
- Apply moisturizing every day for the best results.
Tip 2: Applying Moisturizing Masks
There are so many nice homemade recipes that you can use to help moisturize your skin – masks, exfoliants, and lotions.
The goal in moisturizing the skin is to keep it free from radicals, bacteria, and other microorganisms that can cause infections, break-outs, and scarring. Plus, moisturizes help keep the skin firm and supple.
Tip 3: Attaining Glowing Skin
- Adopt healthy habits. The daily habits you engage in have a large impact on how your skin looks. By maintain a routine of healthy habits, you can ensure that your skin stays healthy throughout the year.
- Drink eight glasses of water every day to help keep your skin soft and supple.
- Get seven-to-nine hours of sleep a night since sleep helps to rejuvenate your skin.
- Eat a healthy diet. Fruit, vegetables, fish, and legumes are important for healthy skin. On the other hand, fried foods and sugar tend to dry out your skin.
- If you don’t eat meat, take an algae tablet that contains Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Change your lifestyle. To achieve glowing skin, you need to take care your body. That can mean changing your lifestyle to rid yourself of harmful substances or adopt healthy practices.
- Drink less alcohol and quit smoking as both of these substances can dry out your skin and accelerates signs of aging.
- Exercise for thirty minutes daily to boost your circulation and activate naturally-occurring moisturizers in your skin.
- If you hate going to the gym, try yoga.
- Ask your doctor about vitamin A. Prescription vitamin A treatments such as Tretinoin can help rejuvenate aging skin. Vitamin A is especially useful for skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Vitamin A treatments are also available over-the-counter as Retinol.
Tip 4: Treating Your Whole Body
- Wear sunscreen. Put on at least SPF 30 sunscreen every day, even if it’s cloudy or cold outside. UVA and UVB rays lead to wrinkles, dryness, and drooping skin.
- Exfoliate regularly. Before getting into the shower, wipe your body with a loofah. This will remove dead skin cells. Make sure to wipe your entire body. In the shower, use a pumice stone to rub your feet and any other rough areas of skin, such as your elbows. For the rest of your body, use a body brush to gently rub your skin.
- Moisturize your whole body daily. After patting your skin dry, apply a gentle moisturizing to your entire body. Don’t forget about the bottoms of your feet, your elbows, and your hands.
So remember, skin rejuvenation does not only addresses the problem with your skin from aging, it also keeps your skin looking smooth and silky – keep your dry and dull skin hydrated (mengatasi kulit wajah kering & kusam).